Home » News » Public Safety
State police arrest motorist clocked at 130 mph
Carl McCoy, 65, was arrested Tuesday at 6:30 a.m. after New Hampshire State Police trooper Brian Viglione saw a 2008 BMW 1-Series heading north on the highway at a high rate of speed and in a reckless manner, according to a news release.
Viglione clocked the car doing 130 mph in the posted 55 mph speed zone while making lane changes, state police said.
He pulled the car over and the driver, identified as McCoy, was arrested.
McCoy was given a March 6 arraignment date in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Last August, McCoy was arrested on a charge of felonious sexual assault alleging he assaulted a girl he knows at a city residence the previous month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Small business owners more upbeat about economy - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid