Home » News » Public Safety
State police arrest motorist clocked at 130 mph
Carl McCoy, 65, was arrested Tuesday at 6:30 a.m. after New Hampshire State Police trooper Brian Viglione saw a 2008 BMW 1-Series heading north on the highway at a high rate of speed and in a reckless manner, according to a news release.
Viglione clocked the car doing 130 mph in the posted 55 mph speed zone while making lane changes, state police said.
He pulled the car over and the driver, identified as McCoy, was arrested.
McCoy was given a March 6 arraignment date in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Last August, McCoy was arrested on a charge of felonious sexual assault alleging he assaulted a girl he knows at a city residence the previous month.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads