Home » News » Public Safety
State police arrest motorist clocked at 130 mph
Carl McCoy, 65, was arrested Tuesday at 6:30 a.m. after New Hampshire State Police trooper Brian Viglione saw a 2008 BMW 1-Series heading north on the highway at a high rate of speed and in a reckless manner, according to a news release.
Viglione clocked the car doing 130 mph in the posted 55 mph speed zone while making lane changes, state police said.
He pulled the car over and the driver, identified as McCoy, was arrested.
McCoy was given a March 6 arraignment date in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Last August, McCoy was arrested on a charge of felonious sexual assault alleging he assaulted a girl he knows at a city residence the previous month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 7
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection