Home » News » Public Safety
State police arrest motorist clocked at 130 mph
Carl McCoy, 65, was arrested Tuesday at 6:30 a.m. after New Hampshire State Police trooper Brian Viglione saw a 2008 BMW 1-Series heading north on the highway at a high rate of speed and in a reckless manner, according to a news release.
Viglione clocked the car doing 130 mph in the posted 55 mph speed zone while making lane changes, state police said.
He pulled the car over and the driver, identified as McCoy, was arrested.
McCoy was given a March 6 arraignment date in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Last August, McCoy was arrested on a charge of felonious sexual assault alleging he assaulted a girl he knows at a city residence the previous month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 1
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 4
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 2
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072