Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNE tops St. Anselm in men's hockey
The Hawks took a quick lead when Liam McKillop scored just 47 seconds into the game, but never led by more than a goal. They also took a 2-1 advantage when Johnny Daniels scored at 11:16 of the first period. Mike Richard tied the game 3-3 when he scored at 16:57 of the second period.
Castleton State 4, Franklin Pierce 0: The Ravens suffered a 4-0 defeat at the hands of host Castleton State on the first day of the Rutland Herald Invitational at Spartan Arena on Friday. With the loss, Franklin Pierce fell to 4-8-0, while Castleton State improved to 7-4-1 (4-2-1 (ECAC East).
USM 3, PSU 2: Cassandra Sherman scored two third-period goals Friday evening, including a short-handed, unassisted marker with 1:36 remaining in the third period to propel the Huskies past the Panthers at USM Ice Arena.
UNH men first at UVM Carnival: The Wildcat mens' team took first place in the giant slalom at Stowe with 128 points. Chris Beadon led the Plymouth State University men to a seventh-place finish among 13 schools and the Panther women were 13th. The Dartmouth women were second and Colby Sawyer was 12th. Leigh Anne Connors led the Panther women at 48th.
Bridgewater State 27, Plymouth State 20: The Bridgewater State University wrestling team posted its first dual meet victory of the season Friday evening as the host Bears defeated the Panthers, 27-20, on Alumni Day at the Tinsley Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce wins NCAA baseball regional - 1
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands