Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNE tops St. Anselm in men's hockey
The Hawks took a quick lead when Liam McKillop scored just 47 seconds into the game, but never led by more than a goal. They also took a 2-1 advantage when Johnny Daniels scored at 11:16 of the first period. Mike Richard tied the game 3-3 when he scored at 16:57 of the second period.
Castleton State 4, Franklin Pierce 0: The Ravens suffered a 4-0 defeat at the hands of host Castleton State on the first day of the Rutland Herald Invitational at Spartan Arena on Friday. With the loss, Franklin Pierce fell to 4-8-0, while Castleton State improved to 7-4-1 (4-2-1 (ECAC East).
USM 3, PSU 2: Cassandra Sherman scored two third-period goals Friday evening, including a short-handed, unassisted marker with 1:36 remaining in the third period to propel the Huskies past the Panthers at USM Ice Arena.
UNH men first at UVM Carnival: The Wildcat mens' team took first place in the giant slalom at Stowe with 128 points. Chris Beadon led the Plymouth State University men to a seventh-place finish among 13 schools and the Panther women were 13th. The Dartmouth women were second and Colby Sawyer was 12th. Leigh Anne Connors led the Panther women at 48th.
Bridgewater State 27, Plymouth State 20: The Bridgewater State University wrestling team posted its first dual meet victory of the season Friday evening as the host Bears defeated the Panthers, 27-20, on Alumni Day at the Tinsley Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- New president named at FIRST - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
Nashua school parking surprise
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid