Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNE tops St. Anselm in men's hockey
The Hawks took a quick lead when Liam McKillop scored just 47 seconds into the game, but never led by more than a goal. They also took a 2-1 advantage when Johnny Daniels scored at 11:16 of the first period. Mike Richard tied the game 3-3 when he scored at 16:57 of the second period.
Castleton State 4, Franklin Pierce 0: The Ravens suffered a 4-0 defeat at the hands of host Castleton State on the first day of the Rutland Herald Invitational at Spartan Arena on Friday. With the loss, Franklin Pierce fell to 4-8-0, while Castleton State improved to 7-4-1 (4-2-1 (ECAC East).
USM 3, PSU 2: Cassandra Sherman scored two third-period goals Friday evening, including a short-handed, unassisted marker with 1:36 remaining in the third period to propel the Huskies past the Panthers at USM Ice Arena.
UNH men first at UVM Carnival: The Wildcat mens' team took first place in the giant slalom at Stowe with 128 points. Chris Beadon led the Plymouth State University men to a seventh-place finish among 13 schools and the Panther women were 13th. The Dartmouth women were second and Colby Sawyer was 12th. Leigh Anne Connors led the Panther women at 48th.
Bridgewater State 27, Plymouth State 20: The Bridgewater State University wrestling team posted its first dual meet victory of the season Friday evening as the host Bears defeated the Panthers, 27-20, on Alumni Day at the Tinsley Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released