Doggie Paddle Plunge to benefit animals at NH SPCA
NEW CASTLE - People will be taking a dip in the frosty Atlantic Ocean next month for the Doggie Paddle Plunge, a fundraiser to benefit the animals of the New Hampshire SPCA in Stratham.
Registration will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, inside the New Castle Recreation Center, where coffee and snacks will be provided. Participants will gather on the beach at noon for the plunge into the ocean, which will be followed by lunch in the recreation center.
The SPCA's goal is to raise $15,000. The fee to participate in the plunge is $35, which includes lunch and a door prize; the fee for lunch only guests is $10. Prizes will be awarded for fundraising levels and best costume.
To register, go to www.nhspca.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.