Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline rescue truck hits icy patch, strikes pickup
"It was definitely the icy road that caused the problem," Fire Chief Charlie Corey said.
The accident happened on a downhill stretch of narrow North Mason Road when the rescue truck, moving about 5 mph, struck the parked vehicle around 8:15 a.m., he said. The rescue truck suffered no damage, but bent the pickup's bumper and a section of a rear body panel.
The initial accident was in the same area involving a different pickup truck that struck a tree, causing extensive damage, Corey said. He said that appeared to be weather-related as well.
No one was injured in either accident.
Brookline Police said no one at the station had information regarding the fire truck mishap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 5
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072