Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline rescue truck hits icy patch, strikes pickup
"It was definitely the icy road that caused the problem," Fire Chief Charlie Corey said.
The accident happened on a downhill stretch of narrow North Mason Road when the rescue truck, moving about 5 mph, struck the parked vehicle around 8:15 a.m., he said. The rescue truck suffered no damage, but bent the pickup's bumper and a section of a rear body panel.
The initial accident was in the same area involving a different pickup truck that struck a tree, causing extensive damage, Corey said. He said that appeared to be weather-related as well.
No one was injured in either accident.
Brookline Police said no one at the station had information regarding the fire truck mishap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council