Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline rescue truck hits icy patch, strikes pickup
"It was definitely the icy road that caused the problem," Fire Chief Charlie Corey said.
The accident happened on a downhill stretch of narrow North Mason Road when the rescue truck, moving about 5 mph, struck the parked vehicle around 8:15 a.m., he said. The rescue truck suffered no damage, but bent the pickup's bumper and a section of a rear body panel.
The initial accident was in the same area involving a different pickup truck that struck a tree, causing extensive damage, Corey said. He said that appeared to be weather-related as well.
No one was injured in either accident.
Brookline Police said no one at the station had information regarding the fire truck mishap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three-alarm fire damages Nashua church; parishioners out safe - 0
- Power outage knocks machine offline at Gorham Paper and Tissue - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 1
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 2
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gubernatorial candidate Hemingway proposes NH tax system fix - 0
- Hanover co-op to meet on fired workers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Your turn, NH -- Kate Pemberton: What a First Lady taught me about being a woman - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Motivation Matters: Get rid of deficiency, not employee - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors need to have lots of intuition, instincts, creativity - 0
- Bedford man creates insurance rating system - 0
- No compromise: We win, you lose - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire
Bedford man creates insurance rating system
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
NH Legal Perspectives: U.S. Supreme Court says homecare workers not required to pay fee to unions
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox' Holt has All-Star history