Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline rescue truck hits icy patch, strikes pickup
"It was definitely the icy road that caused the problem," Fire Chief Charlie Corey said.
The accident happened on a downhill stretch of narrow North Mason Road when the rescue truck, moving about 5 mph, struck the parked vehicle around 8:15 a.m., he said. The rescue truck suffered no damage, but bent the pickup's bumper and a section of a rear body panel.
The initial accident was in the same area involving a different pickup truck that struck a tree, causing extensive damage, Corey said. He said that appeared to be weather-related as well.
No one was injured in either accident.
Brookline Police said no one at the station had information regarding the fire truck mishap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garage fire displaces Manchester family - 0
- Fire destroys historic Claremont convent - 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man at center of Seabrook brutality case convicted of burglary - 0
- NH trooper refuses to be called hero - 0
- Court case could determine 'basic' phone service - 0
- Dartmouth president calls for end of high-risk behavior - 0
- Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican' - 0
- Francestown man hopes to join exclusive Boston club - 0
- Londonderry man is running for Joanie - 0
- Hallsville School's Tower Clock will be restarted Friday - 0
- Granite State group proposes student-centered learning - 0
FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester
CDFA names Caswell new director
Sox win in wild walk-off over O's
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'