Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline rescue truck hits icy patch, strikes pickup
"It was definitely the icy road that caused the problem," Fire Chief Charlie Corey said.
The accident happened on a downhill stretch of narrow North Mason Road when the rescue truck, moving about 5 mph, struck the parked vehicle around 8:15 a.m., he said. The rescue truck suffered no damage, but bent the pickup's bumper and a section of a rear body panel.
The initial accident was in the same area involving a different pickup truck that struck a tree, causing extensive damage, Corey said. He said that appeared to be weather-related as well.
No one was injured in either accident.
Brookline Police said no one at the station had information regarding the fire truck mishap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072