All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Family displaced by Belmont fire

BELMONT - A family was able to escape a fire that damaged their roof and living room, according to the Belmont Fire Department.

Fire Chief David Parenti said the homeowners, Robert and Becky Mulley, were asleep about 11:45 p.m. Friday when their daughter woke them up after hearing sounds in the attic that she thought were caused by an animal. They discovered a fire in their attic and left the house, he said.

Parenti said the fire, which is believed to have started in a chimney and spread to the attic, caused about $80,000 in damage and the home was not habitable Friday night. The family was provided housing assistance by the American Red Cross, he said.

Post or View Comments 


Maple Sugar Madness Maple Sugar Madness
Saturday, 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. or 2 p.m.