All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Family displaced by Belmont fire

BELMONT - A family was able to escape a fire that damaged their roof and living room, according to the Belmont Fire Department.

Fire Chief David Parenti said the homeowners, Robert and Becky Mulley, were asleep about 11:45 p.m. Friday when their daughter woke them up after hearing sounds in the attic that she thought were caused by an animal. They discovered a fire in their attic and left the house, he said.

Parenti said the fire, which is believed to have started in a chimney and spread to the attic, caused about $80,000 in damage and the home was not habitable Friday night. The family was provided housing assistance by the American Red Cross, he said.

.


 Rani Arbo and Daisy Mayhem Rani Arbo and Daisy Mayhem
Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

Shout! The Mod Musical Shout! The Mod Musical
Saturday-Sunday, 2 p.m.

Ghost of Paul Revere Ghost of Paul Revere
Saturday, 8 p.m.

Smokey Joe's Cafe Smokey Joe's Cafe
Friday, 7:30 p.m.,
Saturday, 2 p.m.,
Sunday, 2 p.m.

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle