action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

January 12. 2013 10:50AM

Family displaced by Belmont fire

BELMONT — A family was able to escape a fire that damaged their roof and living room, according to the Belmont Fire Department.

Fire Chief David Parenti said the homeowners, Robert and Becky Mulley, were asleep about 11:45 p.m. Friday when their daughter woke them up after hearing sounds in the attic that she thought were caused by an animal. They discovered a fire in their attic and left the house, he said.

Parenti said the fire, which is believed to have started in a chimney and spread to the attic, caused about $80,000 in damage and the home was not habitable Friday night. The family was provided housing assistance by the American Red Cross, he said.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events