Home » News » Public Safety
Family displaced by Belmont fire
BELMONT — A family was able to escape a fire that damaged their roof and living room, according to the Belmont Fire Department.
Fire Chief David Parenti said the homeowners, Robert and Becky Mulley, were asleep about 11:45 p.m. Friday when their daughter woke them up after hearing sounds in the attic that she thought were caused by an animal. They discovered a fire in their attic and left the house, he said.
Parenti said the fire, which is believed to have started in a chimney and spread to the attic, caused about $80,000 in damage and the home was not habitable Friday night. The family was provided housing assistance by the American Red Cross, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston voters OK AREA agreement - 0
- Berlin-Gorham wins a thriller in NHIAA girls' hockey semi - 0
- Pacers end Celtics’ two-game win streak - 0
- Hanover too much for Bishop Guertin in girls hockey semi - 0
- Sunapee voters approve budget, Gottling defeats Augustine for selectman - 0
- Milford incumbents win major races - 0
- Hollis runs out of electronic ballots - 0
- District 1 Executive Council race is a close one - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus