All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Family displaced by Belmont fire


January 12. 2013 10:50AM

BELMONT - A family was able to escape a fire that damaged their roof and living room, according to the Belmont Fire Department.

Fire Chief David Parenti said the homeowners, Robert and Becky Mulley, were asleep about 11:45 p.m. Friday when their daughter woke them up after hearing sounds in the attic that she thought were caused by an animal. They discovered a fire in their attic and left the house, he said.

Parenti said the fire, which is believed to have started in a chimney and spread to the attic, caused about $80,000 in damage and the home was not habitable Friday night. The family was provided housing assistance by the American Red Cross, he said.


Public Safety Belmont


More Headlines

Aggregation