Home » News » Public Safety
Family displaced by Belmont fire
BELMONT — A family was able to escape a fire that damaged their roof and living room, according to the Belmont Fire Department.
Fire Chief David Parenti said the homeowners, Robert and Becky Mulley, were asleep about 11:45 p.m. Friday when their daughter woke them up after hearing sounds in the attic that she thought were caused by an animal. They discovered a fire in their attic and left the house, he said.
Parenti said the fire, which is believed to have started in a chimney and spread to the attic, caused about $80,000 in damage and the home was not habitable Friday night. The family was provided housing assistance by the American Red Cross, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South to shut down after propane tank crashes - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072