Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
49ers rout Packers to book spot in NFC title game
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Patriots eye same result
The emphatic victory lifted the 49ers into the Jan. 20 National Football Conference title game against the winner of Sunday's showdown between the top-seeded Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks.
Kaepernick had a sensational game, setting a National Football League (NFL) playoff rushing record for a quarterback by gaining 181 yards, including scoring gallops of 56 and 20 yards. He also threw a pair of touchdown passes in the romp.
A 31-yard field by David Akers gave the 49ers a 24-21 lead after a see-saw first half, and San Francisco ran roughshod over the Packers in the second half, rushing for three touchdowns as they put the game out of reach.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Epping dump cats left on their own - 44
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Animal rights group finds butterfly release at kindness rally kind of cruel - 10
- Bald eagle family takes up residence in Manchester - 4
- Auto dealership employees give stray parakeet new lease on life - 0
- Big Cat Coffees website accepts NH Humane Society donations - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Dogs can be taught not to pull on leash - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Humane Society of Greater Nashua earns award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos