Trinity, Pinkerton robotics teams advance
Students from Manchester's Trinity High School, red, and Pembroke Academy compete Saturday in the New England Championship VEX Robotics Competition at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Mass. (Dave Kelly Photo)
Trinity had ranked seventh out of 82 teams at the end of qualifications with a record of 5-1 at the New England Championship VEX Robotics Competition at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Mass. The team went on to lose in the semifinals, but qualified to attend the world championship.
Derry's Pinkerton Academy had ranked third with a record of 6-0 and lost in the quarterfinals. The team won the Design Award, giving them a berth to the world event.
North Conway's Kennett High School had ranked 10th with a record of 5-1 and lost in the quarterfinals. They also won the Build Award.
Pembroke Academy had ranked 14th with a record of 5-1 and did not get selected to play in the elimination tournament.
A local VEX competition is scheduled for Saturday at Winnacunnet High School in Hampton.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
- Heat cruise past Celtics, snap losing skid - 0
- More airstrikes target Pakistani Taliban militants - 0
- President Obama says Sony hack not an act of war - 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 0
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
A new era for Nashua's police force
UNH loses to Illinois State
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'