Trinity, Pinkerton robotics teams advance
Trinity had ranked seventh out of 82 teams at the end of qualifications with a record of 5-1 at the New England Championship VEX Robotics Competition at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Mass. The team went on to lose in the semifinals, but qualified to attend the world championship.
Derry's Pinkerton Academy had ranked third with a record of 6-0 and lost in the quarterfinals. The team won the Design Award, giving them a berth to the world event.
North Conway's Kennett High School had ranked 10th with a record of 5-1 and lost in the quarterfinals. They also won the Build Award.
Pembroke Academy had ranked 14th with a record of 5-1 and did not get selected to play in the elimination tournament.
A local VEX competition is scheduled for Saturday at Winnacunnet High School in Hampton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Eagles’ Kelly amps up support for Foles - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way (again) - 0
- For Patriots, an imperfect victory over Houston - 0
- NH's Griffin settling into NFL with Texans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Gap between Pats, Texans may not be so large - 0
- NFL Thanksgiving Roundup: Ravens outlast Steelers - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: When things look bleak, they just keep playing ... and winning - 0
- Patriots edge Broncos in OT after remarkable comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats have Del Rio's number - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112