Trinity, Pinkerton robotics teams advance
Trinity had ranked seventh out of 82 teams at the end of qualifications with a record of 5-1 at the New England Championship VEX Robotics Competition at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Mass. The team went on to lose in the semifinals, but qualified to attend the world championship.
Derry's Pinkerton Academy had ranked third with a record of 6-0 and lost in the quarterfinals. The team won the Design Award, giving them a berth to the world event.
North Conway's Kennett High School had ranked 10th with a record of 5-1 and lost in the quarterfinals. They also won the Build Award.
Pembroke Academy had ranked 14th with a record of 5-1 and did not get selected to play in the elimination tournament.
A local VEX competition is scheduled for Saturday at Winnacunnet High School in Hampton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Memorial grad Beauchemin is top UMass-Lowell hurler - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rochester's DeSmith named UNH hockey team's MVP - 1
- NH College Notebook: Dartmouth College baseball team eyes Ivy League crown - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bowdoin's O'Neil named New England Hockey Coach of the Year - 0
- NH College Notebook: Mabry, Jean-Guillaume earn All-America hoop honors - 0
- Jim Fennell's NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce basketball team's next test is Metro State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112