Monarchs lose defensive battle with P-Bruins
Manchester (17-16-2-2) ranks fourth in the Atlantic Division with 38 points. Providence (19-14-0-2) is in third place in the Atlantic Division with 40 points.
Providence broke a 1-1 tie when right wing Graham Mink scored on the power play at 3:49 of the third period. Center Carter Camper found left wing Maxime Sauve inside the right wing face-off circle. Sauve passed to Mink in front of the net. Mink redirected it into the back of the cage for his first goal of the season.
The Bruins opened the scoring 58 seconds into the game with a goal by left wing Craig Cunningham. The Monarchs turned the puck over in their own zone. Cunningham gained the puck at the top of the right wing face-off circle and skated between the hash marks before wristing a backhand shot. Cunningham's shot beat Mannino midway up on the stick side for his seventh goal of the season.
Monarchs right wing Brandon Kozun tied the game at 1-1 with a goal at 19:51 of the second period.
Kozun played the puck back to the left point for defenseman Bryan Rodney. Rodney found center Linden Vey inside the right wing face-off circle. Vey skated to the bottom of the circle before passing it to Kozun in the left wing face-off circle. Kozun corralled the pass and wristed a shot high on the stick side of Bruins netminder Niklas Svedberg (22 saves) for his 10th goal of the season.
Mannino (9-5-0) took his fifth loss of the season, making 39 saves on 41 shots.
Manchester went 0-for-2 on the power play. Providence went 1-for-3.
The Monarchs swing right back into action Tuesday at home against Springfield.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack