Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Beamish lifts Dartmouth
Matt Lindblad and Nick Bligh scored middle-period goals to give the Big Green a 2-1 lead before Harvard Petr Placek tied it 4:03 into the third third period.
Cab Morris made 22 saves for the Big Green, which improved to 9-5-2 overall, 5-3-1 in the ECAC.
Plymouth State 7, Framingham State 1: At Plymouth, Kyle Greco scored a first-period hat trick to fuel a 4-0 first period burst and the eventual victory Saturday. PSU is 7-1 in the MASCAC, 11-4 overall.
University of New England 4, New England College 3 (OT): At Biddeford, Maine, Nick Kolb scored 2:24 into overtime to give UNE the decision Saturday. Johan Qvarfordt, Garrett Brazzier and James O'Reilly scored for the Pilgrims (4-4-1 ECACE).
Women's indoor track
Tufts Invitational: At Medford, Mass., Keene State's Janel Haggerty won the high jump at 5-feet, 3.25 inches and placed second in the 400-meter run with a time of 1:02.62 Saturday. KSC finished fifth behind winner UMass-Lowell.
Vermont Winter Carnival: At Stowe, Vt., Sara Kikut, Annie Rendall and Aylin Woodward skied to top six slalom finishes and advanced the Dartmouth women to third place after the conclusion of the alpine events Saturday. Ben Morse finished seventh for the third place Big Green men. The carnival concludes Feb. 2, with the Nordic races.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH College Notebook: Dartmouth College baseball team eyes Ivy League crown - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bowdoin's O'Neil named New England Hockey Coach of the Year - 0
- NH College Notebook: Mabry, Jean-Guillaume earn All-America hoop honors - 0
- Jim Fennell's NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce basketball team's next test is Metro State - 0
- NH College Notebook: Keene State adds familiar names to baseball coaching staff - 0
- Eric Emmerling's NH College Notebook: SNHU plans to add four new sports over next three years - 0
- Eric Emmerling's NH College Notebook: Lafond qualifies for Div. II nationals with sub-4:10 mile - 0
- Eric Emmerling's College Notebook: St. Anselm skater Mullin scoring points off the ice - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands