Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Beamish lifts Dartmouth
Matt Lindblad and Nick Bligh scored middle-period goals to give the Big Green a 2-1 lead before Harvard Petr Placek tied it 4:03 into the third third period.
Cab Morris made 22 saves for the Big Green, which improved to 9-5-2 overall, 5-3-1 in the ECAC.
Plymouth State 7, Framingham State 1: At Plymouth, Kyle Greco scored a first-period hat trick to fuel a 4-0 first period burst and the eventual victory Saturday. PSU is 7-1 in the MASCAC, 11-4 overall.
University of New England 4, New England College 3 (OT): At Biddeford, Maine, Nick Kolb scored 2:24 into overtime to give UNE the decision Saturday. Johan Qvarfordt, Garrett Brazzier and James O'Reilly scored for the Pilgrims (4-4-1 ECACE).
Women's indoor track
Tufts Invitational: At Medford, Mass., Keene State's Janel Haggerty won the high jump at 5-feet, 3.25 inches and placed second in the 400-meter run with a time of 1:02.62 Saturday. KSC finished fifth behind winner UMass-Lowell.
Vermont Winter Carnival: At Stowe, Vt., Sara Kikut, Annie Rendall and Aylin Woodward skied to top six slalom finishes and advanced the Dartmouth women to third place after the conclusion of the alpine events Saturday. Ben Morse finished seventh for the third place Big Green men. The carnival concludes Feb. 2, with the Nordic races.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kattar wins main event in MMA action in Salem - 0
- Pro bouts highlight Rockingham Park MMA card in Salem - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: The magic has returned to Fenway - 0
- MLB draft rich with NH talent - 0
- Red Sox stuck to their plan during draft - 0
- Salem boys take another v-ball title - 0
- LeBlanc paces Conant win over Somersworth for Division III baseball title - 0
- Perkins paces Pittsfield - 0
- State girls final tennis match gains attention for the wrong reason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Goffstown officials want new Exit 7 on I-293
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off