Hudson police make donation to family of child suffering from brain tumor
Pictured in front row are Officer Rachelle Megowen, left, Casey Lowe (McKenzie's sister), and McKenzie Lowe. In the middle are Officer James Stys, left, Ronald Lowe (McKenzie's father), Joann LaFountain (her grandmother), Diane Lowe (her mother), Robert Faherty, and Officer Daniel Dolan. In back row is McKenzie's grandfather, Frank LaFountain
McKenzie Lowe, who attends Hills Garrison Elementary School, has an inoperable brain tumor. Members of the Hudson Police Department, along with Robert Faherty, chairman of Cops for Kids with Cancer Foundation, on Friday met with McKenzie and her family at the Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston and presented them with the check.
Another donation, from Hudson police officers and the Hudson Police Employees Association, was presented to the family in December.
A fundraiser to benefit McKenzie is planned for Sunday, Jan. 20, from noon to 4 p.m. at the Yard Restaurant in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641