Hudson police make donation to family of child suffering from brain tumor
Pictured in front row are Officer Rachelle Megowen, left, Casey Lowe (McKenzie's sister), and McKenzie Lowe. In the middle are Officer James Stys, left, Ronald Lowe (McKenzie's father), Joann LaFountain (her grandmother), Diane Lowe (her mother), Robert Faherty, and Officer Daniel Dolan. In back row is McKenzie's grandfather, Frank LaFountain
McKenzie Lowe, who attends Hills Garrison Elementary School, has an inoperable brain tumor. Members of the Hudson Police Department, along with Robert Faherty, chairman of Cops for Kids with Cancer Foundation, on Friday met with McKenzie and her family at the Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston and presented them with the check.
Another donation, from Hudson police officers and the Hudson Police Employees Association, was presented to the family in December.
A fundraiser to benefit McKenzie is planned for Sunday, Jan. 20, from noon to 4 p.m. at the Yard Restaurant in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Getting revved up over student car raffle - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Colby-Sawyer lays off 16 staff workers to balance budget - 1
- White Mountains school board expands preschool - 0
- Milford team wins seatbelt challenge - 0
- Activist resident launches alternative UNH logo search - 1
- Loeb School offers workshop on producing newsletters - 0
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641