Hudson police make donation to family of child suffering from brain tumor
Pictured in front row are Officer Rachelle Megowen, left, Casey Lowe (McKenzie's sister), and McKenzie Lowe. In the middle are Officer James Stys, left, Ronald Lowe (McKenzie's father), Joann LaFountain (her grandmother), Diane Lowe (her mother), Robert Faherty, and Officer Daniel Dolan. In back row is McKenzie's grandfather, Frank LaFountain
McKenzie Lowe, who attends Hills Garrison Elementary School, has an inoperable brain tumor. Members of the Hudson Police Department, along with Robert Faherty, chairman of Cops for Kids with Cancer Foundation, on Friday met with McKenzie and her family at the Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston and presented them with the check.
Another donation, from Hudson police officers and the Hudson Police Employees Association, was presented to the family in December.
A fundraiser to benefit McKenzie is planned for Sunday, Jan. 20, from noon to 4 p.m. at the Yard Restaurant in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- At FIRST, it's all about learning and helping each other - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'