Home » News » Public Safety
4-alarm fire levels chicken coop, guts garage in Lyndeborough
Just after 11 a.m., firefighters from Lyndeborough, Wilton, Milford, Amherst, Temple, Greenfield, Mont Vernon, Francestown and Peterborough responded to the fire at 1196 Center Road. The fire went to four alarms shortly around noon.
It appears that the fire started in a chicken coop at the rear of the house, spread to a two-car garage and into an addition on the back of the house. Rainsford Deware, officer in charge of the Lyndeborough Police Department, said no people sustained any injuries in the blaze, but animals may have been lost.
"There are still cats and chickens unaccounted for," he said. The home belongs to the Stephenson family, Deware said, but the owners weren't available for comment. The chicken coop and the garage appear to be total losses. Firefighters were able to stop the blaze from entering the main part of the home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off