Home » News » Public Safety
4-alarm fire levels chicken coop, guts garage in Lyndeborough
Just after 11 a.m., firefighters from Lyndeborough, Wilton, Milford, Amherst, Temple, Greenfield, Mont Vernon, Francestown and Peterborough responded to the fire at 1196 Center Road. The fire went to four alarms shortly around noon.
It appears that the fire started in a chicken coop at the rear of the house, spread to a two-car garage and into an addition on the back of the house. Rainsford Deware, officer in charge of the Lyndeborough Police Department, said no people sustained any injuries in the blaze, but animals may have been lost.
"There are still cats and chickens unaccounted for," he said. The home belongs to the Stephenson family, Deware said, but the owners weren't available for comment. The chicken coop and the garage appear to be total losses. Firefighters were able to stop the blaze from entering the main part of the home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Small business owners more upbeat about economy - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid