May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Pelham, Hampton drivers charged in accidents last week with pedestrians
Timothy M. Allen, 16, of 4 Culver St., Plaistow, turned himself in to police Jan. 11 on charges of vehicular assault and reckless operation after the car he was driving struck a pedestrian on Dec. 4.
Soja Bennett, 69, of Exeter, was on a sidewalk when she was hit and seriously hurt.
Police said Allen was driving a Hyundai Sonata when he went across Portsmouth Avenue and up onto the sidewalk.
Bennett was walking toward downtown when she was struck.
She is still recovering from her injuries, police said.
Allen was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail.
In an unrelated accident, Lizabeth Comeau, 59, of 2 Locke Road, Hampton, was charged Jan. 12 with negligent driving and reckless driving after the car she was driving hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk on Hampton Road.
The accident happened near the Exeter Recreation Center on Oct. 17 and seriously injured Diane Pinkham, 61, of Newmarket as she was walking across the road on her way to work.
Police said Comeau was travelling east on Hampton Road in a Ford Crown Victoria when the car struck Pinkham, who continues to recover.
Comeau was given a hand summons for the two, violation-level offenses.
Allen and Comeau will be arraigned Feb. 4 in 10th Circuit Court in Brentwood.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 5
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 4
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424