June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Nashua man arrested in frying pan assault
Wayne Theriault, 25, no fixed address, was arrested Monday night and charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, three counts of simple assault and resisting arrest.
Police said he was arguing with a 42-year-old man at a Chestnut Street apartment Monday night when he grabbed a metal frying pan and hit his acquaintance in the head with it. He also is accused of pushing the man twice.
The injured man was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for the head injury and later released.
Theriault was arrested and taken to the police station where he became aggressive toward officers, according to a news release. As officers tried to put him in a holding cell, police said Theriault assaulted one of the officers and during a subsequent struggle, the officer suffered facial injuries that required stitches. The officer was treated at a local hospital and later released.
What's next: Theriault refused bail and was held at the station pending arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 15
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424