Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Nashua man arrested in frying pan assault
Wayne Theriault, 25, no fixed address, was arrested Monday night and charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, three counts of simple assault and resisting arrest.
Police said he was arguing with a 42-year-old man at a Chestnut Street apartment Monday night when he grabbed a metal frying pan and hit his acquaintance in the head with it. He also is accused of pushing the man twice.
The injured man was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for the head injury and later released.
Theriault was arrested and taken to the police station where he became aggressive toward officers, according to a news release. As officers tried to put him in a holding cell, police said Theriault assaulted one of the officers and during a subsequent struggle, the officer suffered facial injuries that required stitches. The officer was treated at a local hospital and later released.
What's next: Theriault refused bail and was held at the station pending arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917