Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Nashua man arrested in frying pan assault
Wayne Theriault, 25, no fixed address, was arrested Monday night and charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, three counts of simple assault and resisting arrest.
Police said he was arguing with a 42-year-old man at a Chestnut Street apartment Monday night when he grabbed a metal frying pan and hit his acquaintance in the head with it. He also is accused of pushing the man twice.
The injured man was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for the head injury and later released.
Theriault was arrested and taken to the police station where he became aggressive toward officers, according to a news release. As officers tried to put him in a holding cell, police said Theriault assaulted one of the officers and during a subsequent struggle, the officer suffered facial injuries that required stitches. The officer was treated at a local hospital and later released.
What's next: Theriault refused bail and was held at the station pending arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stocks suffer worst day since early February - 0
- Amazon.com raises price of prime membership to $99 - 0
- Target declined to act on early alert of cyber breach - 0
- U.S. retail sales rebound from harsh winter's chill, jobless claims fall - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC - 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 6
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill