Home » News » Public Safety
Police look for shooter after 2 Farmington men go to hospital with wounds
FARMINGTON - Police are asking for help identifying and locating the people who shot two men at a Meetinghouse Hill Road home Friday.
Even though the incident was not reported until Saturday around 4 p.m., investigators determined the two men - ages 21 and 24 - were shot and wounded at 316 Meetinghouse Hill Road the previous day, according to police. One man, who sustained a gunshot wound to the head, was treated at York Hospital in York, Maine, but checked himself out within hours, while the second man, who sustained a chest wound, was transferred from Portsmouth Regional Hospital to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, according to police.
After obtaining a warrant, police requested assistance of the Strafford County Regional Tactical Operations Unit to search the home early Sunday morning. No suspects have been taken into custody, according to police.
Police continue to investigate the matter with the help of members of State Police and the Strafford County Attorney's Office. Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Detective Brian Driscoll at 755-2731, ext. 105, or leave an anonymous tip via the department's crimeline at 755-9797.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change