Monarchs lose Hickey, Clune to waiver claims
A former first-round pick by L.A., Hickey was claimed by the New York Islanders, and Clune was claimed by Nashville. That leaves the Monarchs short for tonight's home game with Springfield.
Those two players, along with Monarchs captain Marc-Andre Cliche and assistant captain Andrew Campbell, were all on AHL-exclusive deals so that they could play in Manchester during the NHL lockout. They needed to clear waivers to continue in Manchester.
Cliche and Campbell appear to have cleared, but this remains unconfirmed.
The Union Leader reported today that all four had cleared waivers as per information provided by the Monarchs organization Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840