Monarchs lose Hickey, Clune to waiver claims
A former first-round pick by L.A., Hickey was claimed by the New York Islanders, and Clune was claimed by Nashville. That leaves the Monarchs short for tonight's home game with Springfield.
Those two players, along with Monarchs captain Marc-Andre Cliche and assistant captain Andrew Campbell, were all on AHL-exclusive deals so that they could play in Manchester during the NHL lockout. They needed to clear waivers to continue in Manchester.
Cliche and Campbell appear to have cleared, but this remains unconfirmed.
The Union Leader reported today that all four had cleared waivers as per information provided by the Monarchs organization Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 1
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 2
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 23
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 2
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840