Monarchs lose Hickey, Clune to waiver claims
A former first-round pick by L.A., Hickey was claimed by the New York Islanders, and Clune was claimed by Nashville. That leaves the Monarchs short for tonight's home game with Springfield.
Those two players, along with Monarchs captain Marc-Andre Cliche and assistant captain Andrew Campbell, were all on AHL-exclusive deals so that they could play in Manchester during the NHL lockout. They needed to clear waivers to continue in Manchester.
Cliche and Campbell appear to have cleared, but this remains unconfirmed.
The Union Leader reported today that all four had cleared waivers as per information provided by the Monarchs organization Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
- 'Everything flows' from 1st Amendment - 2
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840