Phone scam warning issued in Bedford
Police said the callers say they are representing Bedford firefighters. However, the Bedford Firefighters Association does not do phone soliciting, police said. Funds are raised through boot drives, golf tournaments and by letters, police said, but not by telephone.
Other organizations, including the Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire and the Bedford Police Union, will raise funds through phone calls, but neither is doing so now in Bedford, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 1
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides