Phone scam warning issued in Bedford
Police said the callers say they are representing Bedford firefighters. However, the Bedford Firefighters Association does not do phone soliciting, police said. Funds are raised through boot drives, golf tournaments and by letters, police said, but not by telephone.
Other organizations, including the Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire and the Bedford Police Union, will raise funds through phone calls, but neither is doing so now in Bedford, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
New Hampshire Club News
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands