Phone scam warning issued in Bedford
Police said the callers say they are representing Bedford firefighters. However, the Bedford Firefighters Association does not do phone soliciting, police said. Funds are raised through boot drives, golf tournaments and by letters, police said, but not by telephone.
Other organizations, including the Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire and the Bedford Police Union, will raise funds through phone calls, but neither is doing so now in Bedford, police said.
The Bedford Bulletin
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 0
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 0
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
Work begins on dam repairs
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target