Goffstown man gets prison in child pornography case
Joseph Edwards, 38, was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court. He will be on supervised release for 10 years on his release from prison, according to a news release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Edwards was arrested last April following a criminal investigation by the GoffstownPolice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation that began after a citizen reported seeing child pornography on Edwards' home computer. Officers obtained a search warrant, connducted a search of Edward's home. Police found videos on his computer of children being sexually assaulted that Edwards had downloaded from the Internet.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Helen White Fitzgibbon, the U.S. attorney's coordinator for Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH