Goffstown man gets prison in child pornography case
Joseph Edwards, 38, was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court. He will be on supervised release for 10 years on his release from prison, according to a news release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Edwards was arrested last April following a criminal investigation by the GoffstownPolice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation that began after a citizen reported seeing child pornography on Edwards' home computer. Officers obtained a search warrant, connducted a search of Edward's home. Police found videos on his computer of children being sexually assaulted that Edwards had downloaded from the Internet.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Helen White Fitzgibbon, the U.S. attorney's coordinator for Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
- Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands