Goffstown man gets prison in child pornography case
Joseph Edwards, 38, was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court. He will be on supervised release for 10 years on his release from prison, according to a news release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Edwards was arrested last April following a criminal investigation by the GoffstownPolice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation that began after a citizen reported seeing child pornography on Edwards' home computer. Officers obtained a search warrant, connducted a search of Edward's home. Police found videos on his computer of children being sexually assaulted that Edwards had downloaded from the Internet.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Helen White Fitzgibbon, the U.S. attorney's coordinator for Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News