Goffstown man gets prison in child pornography case
Joseph Edwards, 38, was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court. He will be on supervised release for 10 years on his release from prison, according to a news release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Edwards was arrested last April following a criminal investigation by the GoffstownPolice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation that began after a citizen reported seeing child pornography on Edwards' home computer. Officers obtained a search warrant, connducted a search of Edward's home. Police found videos on his computer of children being sexually assaulted that Edwards had downloaded from the Internet.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Helen White Fitzgibbon, the U.S. attorney's coordinator for Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs