Goffstown man gets prison in child pornography case
Joseph Edwards, 38, was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court. He will be on supervised release for 10 years on his release from prison, according to a news release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Edwards was arrested last April following a criminal investigation by the GoffstownPolice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation that began after a citizen reported seeing child pornography on Edwards' home computer. Officers obtained a search warrant, connducted a search of Edward's home. Police found videos on his computer of children being sexually assaulted that Edwards had downloaded from the Internet.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Helen White Fitzgibbon, the U.S. attorney's coordinator for Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'