Hooksett seeks bids for new financial reporting software
The request solicits bids for an upgrade to the town's general ledger, payroll and accounts payable software and the addition an electronic purchasing program to the town's financial accounting systems.
The town currently uses software developed by Business Management Systems Inc. of Franconia, which specializes in school and municipal accounting programs.
Officials are concerned about the current program's flexibility, particularly with the inability of department heads to view their budgets, expenditures and revenues "in real time." Instead, they rely on monthly reports distributed by the town Finance Department.
The town also lacks an electronic purchase order system, forcing employees to use paper orders, which do not stipulate budget lines upon approval.
"Right now, there's no real way for department heads to check the actual spending situation in their department," said Town Administrator Dean Shankle.
"They have to wait until the end of the month. So I tried to put together a better system where all the departments will instantly have access to where their budgets are and what money they have in what line items," Shankle said.
Bid submissions are due by Jan. 31 at 10 a.m. where they will be publically unsealed and read aloud.
The upgrade is being funded through money raised by a warrant article last year.
Article 15 on the 2012 warrant authorized the town to raise $47,000 (through an estimated tax increase of $.029) to purchase financial software.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Dodgeball returns to Windham schools - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time