Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Inmate and girlfriend indicted in alleged jail call fraud
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville was indicted by a Rockingham County grand jury on a single count of identity fraud for impersonating a public defender. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville and his girlfriend, Shayna Provencal, 24, of Andover, Mass. are facing identify fraud-related charges for calls made to the Merrimack County House of Corrections on June 1.
Bouraphael, now in state prison, claimed he was public defender Anthony Naro when he called inmate Jacob Palo to talk about their enterprise of strong arming fellow inmates out of their canteen goods, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino.
Bouraphael was being held as a pre-trial inmate at the Brentwood jail, awaiting trial on drug charges when he called Provencal, who dialed up the Concord jail, punching in extension numbers under the instruction of her boyfriend, according to indictments.
Palo, 36, of Concord is awaiting trial on a litany of charges stemming from a Deerfield home invasion and cross-county police chase. He is expected in court on Thursday for a hearing in his case.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917