Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Inmate and girlfriend indicted in alleged jail call fraud
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville was indicted by a Rockingham County grand jury on a single count of identity fraud for impersonating a public defender. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville and his girlfriend, Shayna Provencal, 24, of Andover, Mass. are facing identify fraud-related charges for calls made to the Merrimack County House of Corrections on June 1.
Bouraphael, now in state prison, claimed he was public defender Anthony Naro when he called inmate Jacob Palo to talk about their enterprise of strong arming fellow inmates out of their canteen goods, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino.
Bouraphael was being held as a pre-trial inmate at the Brentwood jail, awaiting trial on drug charges when he called Provencal, who dialed up the Concord jail, punching in extension numbers under the instruction of her boyfriend, according to indictments.
Palo, 36, of Concord is awaiting trial on a litany of charges stemming from a Deerfield home invasion and cross-county police chase. He is expected in court on Thursday for a hearing in his case.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917