Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Inmate and girlfriend indicted in alleged jail call fraud
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville was indicted by a Rockingham County grand jury on a single count of identity fraud for impersonating a public defender. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville and his girlfriend, Shayna Provencal, 24, of Andover, Mass. are facing identify fraud-related charges for calls made to the Merrimack County House of Corrections on June 1.
Bouraphael, now in state prison, claimed he was public defender Anthony Naro when he called inmate Jacob Palo to talk about their enterprise of strong arming fellow inmates out of their canteen goods, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino.
Bouraphael was being held as a pre-trial inmate at the Brentwood jail, awaiting trial on drug charges when he called Provencal, who dialed up the Concord jail, punching in extension numbers under the instruction of her boyfriend, according to indictments.
Palo, 36, of Concord is awaiting trial on a litany of charges stemming from a Deerfield home invasion and cross-county police chase. He is expected in court on Thursday for a hearing in his case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lancaster man facing more charges in death of neighbor - 0
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- K9 team heads to Pennsylvania to assist in accused cop-killer search - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief indicted on theft charge - 0
- Couple facing charges for 2 Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483