Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Inmate and girlfriend indicted in alleged jail call fraud
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville was indicted by a Rockingham County grand jury on a single count of identity fraud for impersonating a public defender. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
John Bouraphael, 33, of Danville and his girlfriend, Shayna Provencal, 24, of Andover, Mass. are facing identify fraud-related charges for calls made to the Merrimack County House of Corrections on June 1.
Bouraphael, now in state prison, claimed he was public defender Anthony Naro when he called inmate Jacob Palo to talk about their enterprise of strong arming fellow inmates out of their canteen goods, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino.
Bouraphael was being held as a pre-trial inmate at the Brentwood jail, awaiting trial on drug charges when he called Provencal, who dialed up the Concord jail, punching in extension numbers under the instruction of her boyfriend, according to indictments.
Palo, 36, of Concord is awaiting trial on a litany of charges stemming from a Deerfield home invasion and cross-county police chase. He is expected in court on Thursday for a hearing in his case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917